headerphoto

House Quiz #1

House Quiz


  1. What potion has the strange side effects of excessive singing and nose-tweaking? An Elixir to Induce Euphoria

  2. What ingredient can be used to counteract the effect of the above side effects? peppermint

  3. How much can you get for Acromantula venom? a hundred Galleons a pint

  4. What is the most powerful love potion in the world? Amortentia

  5. What antidote does Harry use to help Ron when he is poisoned by Madam Rosmerta's finest mead? a bezoar

  6. How does Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes' Owl Order Service get their potions past the security at Hogwarts to their customers? they disguise the potions as perfumes and cough potions

  7. What did Draco Malfoy make in Potions class when Professor Slughorn assigned them to make something amusing? Hiccuping Solution

  8. What spells will not work in an area affected by Instant Darkness Powder? light spells: Lumos, Incendio

  9. What are the ingredients for the Draught of Living Death? valerian root, sopophorous bean

  10. How much will unicorn tail hair fetch? ten Galleons a hair


Extra Credit


Answering the following questions are extra credit and will earn you an additional ticket in the drawing for the prize.

  1. Do you prefer to knit or crochet? I like both, but I guess I prefer knitting since I do it more often :)

  2. What is your favorite weight yarn to knit/crochet with? sock and lace weight

  3. What fiber contents do you most like to knit/crochet with? What fiber contents do you dislike knitting/crocheting with? wool wool wool! also other animal fibers, silk, bamboo...I like just about anything but plasticky yarns (acrylic, etc.)

  4. How many complete pair of socks have you knit/crochet? three pairs! (knit)

  5. What is your favorite item to knit/crochet? hmm...tough question. I think my favorite thing to knit is lace--stoles, shawls, scarves, etc.

  6. What is your favorite treat? since it's Halloween time, I'll say candy corn and caramels--but really I'm pretty easy to please (ice cream is my actual favorite treat, but it doesn't ship well!)

  7. Do you drink coffee, tea, or both? neither--I can't have caffeine. I do like herbal teas, though (caffeine free, not decaf).

  8. Do you have an online wish list? If so, where? I have an Amazon wish list

  9. How many Ravelry groups are you in? 52!

  10. Is there any special item you have been really wanting, but can't find in your local area? the only thing I can think of off-hand is some of the harder to find indie-dyers' sock yarns, but I don't really have any specifics in mind (for instance, I've never used--or even seen--Wollmeise, and while I'm sure I'd love it if some landed in my lap I'm not burning up the internets looking for it either *shrug*)

1 comments:

Marissa said...

Hey Andromache! I hope you are doing well. Haven't seen you in a couple days... And I just wanted to say hi!

Cec~