2. What does Luna say floated into Harry's ear when he was in the train car that supposedly caused him to lose focus?
3. How much do the primary Apparition lessons cost?
d. 12 galleons
4. What is Professor Merrythought's first name?
5. What Hogwarts club was Eileen Prince captain of?
b. Gobstones Club
6. Who is head of the Goblin Liaison office?
b. Dirk Cresswell
7. Mrs. Weasley offers Fleur a goblin-made tiara for the wedding with Bill. What family member is currently in possession of the tiara?
a. Aunt Muriel
8. How many points does Snape take from Gryffindor for Harry's late arrival and muggle attire?
9. When Professor Slughorn first meets Hermione, he asks her whether she is related to Hector Dagworth-Granger. What society did Dagworth-Granger found?
d. The Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers
10. Which of these describes Golpalott's Third Law?
d. The antidote for a blended poison will be equal to more than the sum of the antidotes for each of the separate components
2) Cassandra Grubbly-Plank
3) Enna Kirts
4) Selena Starfire
5) Henry Longstaff
6) Cecily Fortescue
7) Mona Ravenscroft
8) Argentia Pascal
9) Prendolyn Wilcox
10) Lizzie Wychwood
11) Ursula Longbottom
12) Rowena Weasley
13) Aurora Curlyfur
14) Lily May Clearwater
15) Megaera Black
Bonus 1) smileynetta
Bonus 2) less than half
- What security question does Mr. Weasley ask Mrs. Weasley before he enters the Burrow? What is the answer? - “What do you like me to call you when we’re alone together?” - “Mollywobbles”
- What two names does Mrs. Cole call Dumbledore when she takes him to see Tom Riddle at the orphanage? Dumberton and Dunderbore
- What is the name of Ginny's Pygmy Puff? Arnold
- What three D's are needed for apparating? Destination, Determination, Deliberation
- What spell did Harry perform when he was attacked by Dementors? Expecto Patronum
- Who did an arrow salute at Dumbledore's funeral? the centaurs
- What did Dumbledore set on fire to prove to Tom Riddle that he was a wizard? the wardrobe
- What Christmas present did Kreacher give Harry? maggots
- What is on top of the Weasleys' Christmas tree? a garden gnome
- What was the most popular item at Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes? Nosebleed Nougat
- Why did Harry threaten to kick Ron off the Gryffindor Quidditch team? for being aggressive and mean to his teammates
- What happens if you break an Unbreakable Vow? you die
- Who did Hermione go to Slughorn's party with? McLaggen
- Who is Mrs. Weasley's favorite singer? Celestina Warbeck
- Who are the only two people who know the full contents of the prophecy made about Harry and Lord Voldemort? Dumbledore and Snape
2. What drink does Romilda Vane try to give Harry?
3. What is the name of the person who heads the Holyhead Harpies?
b. Gwenog Jones
4. How many ‘Exceeds Expectation’ grades does Harry receive in his O.W.L’s?
5. What is Professor Slughorn’s favorite candy?
d. Crystallized Pineapple
6. What tattoo is Harry reported to have on his chest?
7. What color robes do the staff at the Weasley’s shop wear?
8. What is the man outside Flourish and Blotts selling?
9. How much is the skull, which Hermione enquires about at Borgin and Burkes, worth?
c. 16 Galleons
10. What are Professor Slughorn’s initials?
a broom: [doesn't need much explanation...]
an engagement ring: [it could also be described as a wedding ring]
house socks (being worn): [hey, they're socks and they're in my house...and I even knit them! sorry about the dark picture--there are much better shots of these socks out there if you want a better look]
a magical creature: [I'm not sure what you'd call it, but it's definitely not like any NON-magical creature I'm familiar with...maybe it's a hippospring?]
a muggle artifact: [we took a walk through a muggle park and found this...not sure what it's purpose is, but spinning around and around and around on it is fun!]
a glass of butterbeer: [yum!]
a government employee: [she's a registered animagus who works for the ministry; she won't really talk about what she does, but I suspect it has something to do with muggle relations or muggle studies...she seems to prefer her cat form.]
a horcrux: [the candlestick, not Don Quixote...though now that I think about it, maybe I should look a little closer at the Don ;)]
a lucky potion: [you'll have to trust me that the potion in the bottle is lucky; it's DEFINITELY yummy!]
public art: [from a neighborhood library]
a raven's feather: [the black one, of course]
a shady shop: [okay, it's a shop in the shade--best I could do with the neighborhood at hand ;)]
a tree changing seasons: [they're everywhere around here right now! I tried to find a particularly pretty one though]
a used textbook: [I'm not sure how I ended up with Uncle Harry's copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, but there it was on my shelf; oh, and he's not really my uncle--just a family friend, you know]
What potion has the strange side effects of excessive singing and nose-tweaking? An Elixir to Induce Euphoria
What ingredient can be used to counteract the effect of the above side effects? peppermint
How much can you get for Acromantula venom? a hundred Galleons a pint
What is the most powerful love potion in the world? Amortentia
What antidote does Harry use to help Ron when he is poisoned by Madam Rosmerta's finest mead? a bezoar
How does Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes' Owl Order Service get their potions past the security at Hogwarts to their customers? they disguise the potions as perfumes and cough potions
What did Draco Malfoy make in Potions class when Professor Slughorn assigned them to make something amusing? Hiccuping Solution
What spells will not work in an area affected by Instant Darkness Powder? light spells: Lumos, Incendio
What are the ingredients for the Draught of Living Death? valerian root, sopophorous bean
How much will unicorn tail hair fetch? ten Galleons a hair
Answering the following questions are extra credit and will earn you an additional ticket in the drawing for the prize.
Do you prefer to knit or crochet? I like both, but I guess I prefer knitting since I do it more often :)
What is your favorite weight yarn to knit/crochet with? sock and lace weight
What fiber contents do you most like to knit/crochet with? What fiber contents do you dislike knitting/crocheting with? wool wool wool! also other animal fibers, silk, bamboo...I like just about anything but plasticky yarns (acrylic, etc.)
How many complete pair of socks have you knit/crochet? three pairs! (knit)
What is your favorite item to knit/crochet? hmm...tough question. I think my favorite thing to knit is lace--stoles, shawls, scarves, etc.
What is your favorite treat? since it's Halloween time, I'll say candy corn and caramels--but really I'm pretty easy to please (ice cream is my actual favorite treat, but it doesn't ship well!)
Do you drink coffee, tea, or both? neither--I can't have caffeine. I do like herbal teas, though (caffeine free, not decaf).
Do you have an online wish list? If so, where? I have an Amazon wish list
How many Ravelry groups are you in? 52!
Is there any special item you have been really wanting, but can't find in your local area? the only thing I can think of off-hand is some of the harder to find indie-dyers' sock yarns, but I don't really have any specifics in mind (for instance, I've never used--or even seen--Wollmeise, and while I'm sure I'd love it if some landed in my lap I'm not burning up the internets looking for it either *shrug*)
I'll try again tomorrow...
c. Emmeline Vance
2. What animal does Bellatrix Lestrange kill when she and her sister, Narcissa, are going to see Professor Snape?
3. What time does Professor Dumbledore collect Harry from Privet Drive?
b. 11 p.m.
4. What did Professor Slughorn transform into when he was trying to hide from Harry and Professor Dumbledore?
a. An armchair
5. What grade did Harry get for Herbology?
a. E – Exceeds Expectation
6. Herbert Chorley, the Prime Minister’s Junior Minster, has been entertaining the public by impersonating which animal?
b. A duck
7. What is Professor Sprout’s first name?
8. What is Dumbledore’s idea of ‘a few words’?
d. nitwit, oddment, blubber and tweak
9. Who is Marcus Belby’s famous uncle?
10. What is Snape’s mother’s name?
b. Eileen Prince
Narcissa, Snape, and Bellatrix (three birds with one stone!)
Professor Sprout (with bonus McGonagall, Dumbledore and Snape)
Rav ID: elvisneedsboats
I am allergic to: not allergic to any fiber that I'm aware of; odd food allergies that probably won't come up (if my spoiler is worried about this, feel free to ask!)
Pets that I have: one cat, Toby
My favorite yarn: Dream in Color (that is by no means an absolute, though, I have many favorites and they change often!)
If you are a Ravenclaw, do you prefer the film colors or the book colors? book colors
My favorite flavor: hmm. Probably lemon...but I like lots of things.
My favorite holiday: Christmas
I would like to receive a: Sock kit
List your favorite brand of needles or hooks, including size and length: Addi Turbo Lace, usually 24"--I have most of the smaller sizes, but don't have a US7 or US8.
Is there a brand that you are dying to try? Knit Picks Harmony DPNs (the 6" wood ones)
I've participated in HSKS: This is my second time.
Do you have a birthday during this swap? If so which day? No, sadly my birthday fell between terms. EXACTLY like when I was in muggle school. Sigh.
I can't wait to get back to Hogwarts and see the teachers and start my new classes...
How is everyone? I hope you had a great summer!